What are digital motion graphics & animation?
Digital motion graphics (DMG) and animation can be used to add impact to a variety of marketing materials, from TVCs and online advertising to onscreen presentations and screen savers.
There are a variety of animation techniques available to meet different creative concepts, budgets and time restrictions. Different digital motion graphics looks and feels can be achieved using any variety of tools such as Flash, After Effects or Cinema 4D. Another effective and interesting animation technique is stop motion.
Animation can sometimes provide a more effective and higher quality result than shooting footage – for the same budget.
Animation is complex but exciting. The approach to an animation project may save you money both in the short and long term if you have future plans for your material. Get in touch to find out more.
This example cost and time plan is based on producing a 7 second 3D animation for digital out of home display adapted from supplied hi res assets and 3D models.
Example production cost
|Master Assets Download||from $70|
|Creative Development||from $525|
|Production & Staging||from $2,000|
|File Generation & Delivery||from $80|
|Project Management||from $540|
Example production time plan
|Creative Development||2-5 days|
|Material Delivery||1-5 days|
Of course, budgets and timings will vary depending on the duration, techniques and final output your project requires. Email Dave or Neice to review your brief and provide a cost estimate for your project.
Motion graphics & animation examples
3D animation, retail DOOH
View the Poptopia campaign
Beams Arts Festival
After Effects, event projection
Greens General Foods
Flash animation, online advertising
View the ‘We love...’ campaign
The Newspaper Works
Flash animation, Media I
Flash animation, digital take over
View the Lizard Island portfolio
Downloads & links
Related production guides
- The New Zealand Film and Video Technicians’ Guild
- AIMIA (Digital Industry Association of Australia)
- Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA)
- Screen Producers Australia
- ADMA Australia
- Advertising Standards Authority New Zealand
- Advertising Standards Bureau Australia
- Association of New Zealand advertisers
- Audited Media Association of Australia (AMAA)
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
- Australian Classification
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Australian Copyright Council
- Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Brewers Association of Australia & New Zealand
- Copyright Council of New Zealand
- Media Federation of Australia (MFA)
- The Big Idea, New Zealand
- The Communications Council
- The Designers Institute
- Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Council
- WeCreate, New Zealand