What is large format outdoor advertising?
Large format billboards are out of home advertising displayed on the sides of buildings, by the side of the road and in other high-traffic precincts. Common formats include supersites, spectaculars and 6x3 posters.
This is high investment media – you want your brand looking its best in all weather, at any time of the day or night.
Usually produced on a vinyl substrate, billboards have site-specific size and finishing requirements, and may be displayed with front lighting, back lighting or no lighting. Some formats benefit from customisation or extensions for added impact.
Large format printing is complex. There are opportunities to improve the quality of reproduction and save money at the same time. Amazing but true! Get in touch to find out more.
This example cost and time plan is to produce 30x full colour 6x3m vinyl cross track billboards with national delivery. It allows for artwork to be resized and adapted for the local market from supplied master landscape art and hi res imagery.
Example production cost
|Master Download & Design||from $480|
|Prepress & Proofing||from $160|
|Production Supervision||from $540|
|Production & Freight||from $9,700|
|Project Management||from $405|
Example production time plan
|Installation||1 week prior|
Outdoor advertising examples
View the State of Origin campaign
View the Seiko portfolio
View the Range Rover portfolio
Sydney Wildlife World
View the Hiramasa Kingfish campaign
View the Land Rover portfolio
Downloads & links
Related production guides
- MOVE (Measurement of Outdoor Visibility and Exposure)
- Outdoor Media Association of New Zealand
- Outdoor Media Association, Australia
- ADMA Australia
- Advertising Standards Authority New Zealand
- Advertising Standards Bureau Australia
- Association of New Zealand advertisers
- Audited Media Association of Australia (AMAA)
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
- Australian Classification
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Australian Copyright Council
- Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Brewers Association of Australia & New Zealand
- The Big Idea, New Zealand
- The Communications Council
- Copyright Council of New Zealand
- The Designers Institute
- Media Federation of Australia (MFA)
- Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Council
- WeCreate, New Zealand