What is TVC and video content production?
A TVC is an audio-visual advertisement aired on free or subscription TV stations. Usually they’re a minute or less but they can also be program-length ‘infomercials’.
Generally, advertising on TV is pre-produced but could include a joint promotion with the station or program producers with a mix of live and pre-produced promotional content.
Advertising with commercial television stations is usually scheduled by program. Ads are classified before airing, and carefully matched to the rating of a program they will appear within.
The application of audio-visual content for marketing is not limited to broadcasting on television. Production techniques have become more cost effective, and new distribution channels have opened up.
A variety of pre-produced audio-visual content from corporate videos, presentations, vlogs and vox pop research can now be found online and on mobiles.
Online channels range from TV on demand, corporate websites and video streaming services to numerous social media options. It’s also common to see TVCs adapted for cinema advertising.
OFA Marketing Production has vast experience producing video content, both new content and adapting international content. Get in touch to discuss your next project.
This example cost and time plan is based on production of a 30 second TVC adapted for local market, including new voice over and new graphics throughout, from supplied master assets. Conforming to Australian & New Zealand technical standards and dispatch to 20x Australian and New Zealand networks.
Example production cost
|Master Assets Download||from $125|
|Voice Over Talent||from $2,000|
|Creative Supervision||from $700|
|Project Management||from $405|
Example production time plan
|Material Delivery||1-4 days prior|
Video content & TVC examples
Downloads & links
Related production guides
- Digital Out Of Home (DOOH)
- Online and Mobile Advertising
- Website Production
- Motion Graphics and Animation
- ADMA Australia
- Advertising Standards Authority New Zealand
- Advertising Standards Bureau Australia
- Association of New Zealand advertisers
- Audited Media Association of Australia (AMAA)
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
- Australian Classification
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Australian Copyright Council
- Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Brewers Association of Australia & New Zealand
- Copyright Council of New Zealand
- Media Federation of Australia (MFA)
- The Big Idea, New Zealand
- The Communications Council
- The Designers Institute
- Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Council
- WeCreate, New Zealand