What is a website?
A website at its simplest is some hosted code, performing functions (or not), displayed remotely by various browsers, on various devices.
For marketers, a website can fulfil a variety of purposes influencing consumers along their path to purchase, and perhaps facilitating the purchase itself with ecommerce. The website performs a business function, but also needs to enable and persuade users to succeed at that function.
For this reason, usability and user experience (UX Design) of a marketing website is critical. Fundamental creative and design principles also contribute to this persuasion along with the site’s content.
Take account of the wider digital network, where visitors arrive from, and the action you want them to take when they get there.
A website must be considered in context of the wider digital network it sits within. The channel a consumer will journey from to arrive at your website, such as social media or email, will establish preconceptions to be met once they arrive.
Ensuring your website is optimised for search engines will open up an important channel for your brand to be found.
Aside from the marketing considerations, website production requires technical capabilities such as fluency in a scripting language suitable for your specific purpose, domain name registration, DNS management, testing and hosting.
Reproduction of the website design on a variety of devices and browsers it will be delivered to needs to be considered, especially with the continuing increase in usage of websites on mobile devices over desktops. OFA applies responsive design as a minimum standard to achieve satisfactory results on a wide variety of screen displays.
Talk to us today about a website that displays your brand beautifully with a great online experience.
This example cost and time plan is based on deployment and minor content localisation of supplied master website assets to a test environment; Domain name purchase and delegation; And deployment and hosting on local server for six months.
Example production cost
|Master Assets Download||from $70|
|Production & Staging||from $310|
|Deployment & Hosting||from $410|
|Project Management||from $405|
Example production time plan
Ferrari event website
View the Ferrari portfolio
Bondi Icebergs Club
Audited Media Association of Australia
Sports Focus Physiotherapy
Downloads & links
Related production guides
- Australian Interactive Media Industry Association (AIMIA)
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- ADMA Australia
- Advertising Standards Authority New Zealand
- Advertising Standards Bureau Australia
- Association of New Zealand advertisers
- Audited Media Association of Australia (AMAA)
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
- Australian Classification
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Australian Copyright Council
- Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Brewers Association of Australia & New Zealand
- Copyright Council of New Zealand
- Media Federation of Australia (MFA)
- The Big Idea, New Zealand
- The Communications Council
- The Designers Institute
- Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Council
- WeCreate, New Zealand