What is press advertising?
Press advertising is a form of display advertising reproduced in national, local or street press titles. The same ad may appear on a variety of paper stocks from absorbent newspaper to glossy inserts, with diverse prepress and print plants located nationally, either pre-printed or inline. Most press ads are now sold in modular sizes, and may be bought as full colour, mono or spot colour.
Short lead times for daily papers mean it’s a great media for topical creative.
Press advertising creative is versatile with positioning within the paper lending itself to above the line branding, short-term retail offers or below the line purposes, such as direct sales.
Have you experienced
This example cost and time plan is based on a quarter page colour press ad resized and adapted for local market from supplied master art and hi res imagery; dispatch to six national newspaper titles.
Example production cost
|Master Download & Design||from $230|
|Artwork||from $120 each|
|Prepress & Proofing||from $270|
|Project Management||from $270|
Example production time plan
|Material Delivery||1-5 days prior|
Press advertising examples
View the Fifty Shades of Grey campaign
Amalgamated Holdings Limited
Nine Entertainment Corporation
Downloads & links
Related production guides
- Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers' Association (PANPA)
- The Newspaper Works
- ADMA Australia
- Advertising Standards Authority New Zealand
- Advertising Standards Bureau Australia
- Association of New Zealand advertisers
- Audited Media Association of Australia (AMAA)
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
- Australian Classification
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Australian Copyright Council
- Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Brewers Association of Australia & New Zealand
- Copyright Council of New Zealand
- Media Federation of Australia (MFA)
- The Big Idea, New Zealand
- The Communications Council
- The Designers Institute
- Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Council
- WeCreate, New Zealand